Mission Mississippi has been leading the way in racial reconciliation in Mississippi for over 28 years. Our model is to bring people together to build relationships across racial lines so they can work together to better their communities.
It is difficult to know how to respond to racial tragedy but we want to help people understand the Biblical response. We believe that opening an honest dialogue across the racial lines can help to prevent racial incidents. We want to encourage Mississippians to be proactive and work to understand those of other races in order to be able to celebrate our differences.
To engage, to equip and to empower the next generation to build relationships across racial lines, to work together with better understanding, to build greater respect for one another and to trust each other while making a better Mississippi together.
(verb) \ gras-ism\: (a) the act of extending Grace – that we have experienced from Jesus Christ – to promote racial reconciliation; (b) knowing and living out the idea that Grace is greater than Race; (c) the answer to racism.
Through Christ, we can find common ground to build strong relationships and communities for the betterment of all Mississippians, regardless of race.
Mission Mississippi will provide a safe environment that fosters open and honest dialogue in a true Christian Spirit. Through the body of Christ, we will live out our faith in unity, and together we will build authentic relationships and better communities that thrive and grow without the burden of bigotry and hatred.
To encourage and demonstrate grace in the Body of Christ across racial lines, so that communities throughout Mississippi can see practical evidence of the Gospel message.
Mission Mississippi offers the greatest hope to attain racial healing and reconciliation through the body of Christ and unconditional love.
To see Christians living out the grace of the gospel unhindered by racism, racial strife, racial prejudice, racial hatred, and racial division throughout Mississippi and the world.
I am black and I am white. I am male and I am female. But above all, I am Christian. And I believe that the path to racial harmony is through the body of Christ and the power of healing and forgiveness. Because I am the body of Christ, I am open to all people of all races and I invite them to join me in building a better world devoid of racial bigotry and hatred. I am a passionate catalyst for change in a world too comfortable with old labels and old bigotries. I offer unconditional love for all who join me. I am Mission Mississippi.
Enlisting and Engaging individuals, churches, businesses, and the community in racial reconciliation and healing in Mississippi and beyond through:
• Annual Legislative Prayer Breakfast
• Annual Governor’s Leadership Prayer Luncheon
• Annual Racial Reconciliation Celebration Event
• Annual Racial Reconciliation Month – October
Enlisting and Engaging in building intentional loving relationships across racial lines through:
• Days of Dialogue
• Pastors and Spouse’s Retreat
• Annual Summits (Panel Discussions and Dialogue)
• Mission Mississippi Chapter Development and Gatherings
Equipping and Empowering individuals, churches, businesses and the community to effect racial reconciliation in Mississippi and beyond through:
• Developing leaders locally, Statewide and Nationally
• Presentations, Training and Consultation for the leadership in churches
• Presentations, Training and Consultation for the leadership in businesses
• Presentations, Training and Consultation for the educational arena
• Presentations, Training and Consultation for civic organizations
• Presentations, Training and Consultation for community in general
• Developing an Educational Curriculum
• Current Resources and Developing New Resources
• Mission Mississippi Initiatives:
• Passing On a Better Legacy of Race Relations
• Next Generation Leadership
• One Year Prayer Journey Focus