JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) — After a tragic week across the country, a Mississippi group is bringing people together through prayer.
Mission Mississippi is asking for healing. They group held an event called the “Time of Prayer.”
For 23 years, the group has been working to bring about racial reconciliation and healing. After the shootings in Louisiana, Minnesota, and Dallas, they wanted to have a productive conversation about race, and some people became very emotional.
“My heart goes out to them, and I am lifting them up to God in prayer that the families of all who are involved would just be coveted it’s just so sad it breaks my heart,” Brenda Donnell said, a Mission Mississippi member.
Here is a list of other churches and groups across the state who participated in the Time of Prayer:
- Kingdom Christian Center International, 718 S Tate Street, Corinth, MS 39934
- Temple of Compassion and Deliverance, 1148 N. Madison St., Tupelo, MS
- House Peace Worship Church, 707 Pierce st Vicksburg, MS
- The Episcopal Church of redeemer, 320 W. Monticello, Brookhaven, MS
- Resurrection Life Church, 795 Memorial Blvd, Picayune, MS
- St. Theresa Church of Saint Mary of the Pines, Chatawa, MS
- Church of the Redeemer, Ohea Street, Greenville, MS